Thursday, August 12, 2010

Review: Ray Job Bob Ray Ray Jay Whey Protein

I have been tracking my food intake for a while now, and I have noticed that I have not really been getting enough protein. So I decided to get some good solid animal protein from GNC.

I walked into the store and when the guy asked me what I needed, I told him that I wanted to get some Whey protein, but I have never bought it before.

He directed me to the GNC brand protein, and sold it pretty well! It sounded great, a full Ameno acid chain and a high potency for 60$ (but it was a big tub) So he was already asking me what flavor I wanted and I asked to see it. I looked at the ingredients to find that there was SPLENDA (surcalose) in it! What crap! The guy looked a little annoyed and surprised when I said "oh, I really don't want splenda," and told him I was going to walk around the store looking for something else.

Eventually the product I settled on was this:
 
This was the ONLY one I could find that had stevia instead of splenda! It also had remarkably fewer ingredients than all the other ones (only whey protein, lechtin, stevia, natural flavor, and xanthian gum.  The only problem is that I had in in a smoothie today with apple sauce and banana and it was GROSS. So I will have to try to find something to do with it that isn't so overwhelmingly vanilla sweetness.


So I guess the jury is still out on this. I'll have to find other smoothie options and it would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment