Thursday, August 12, 2010

A quest for the truth!



So this is my first (and hopefully not my last) blog post. I am starting this blog not only to help me in my weight loss. But also to organize my thoughts and instigate my way to the truth about nutrition.

It is amazing how far science has some and yet how little people are able to agree about nutrition. Even the most basic of principals that we all grew up hearing seem to be up for debate. I plan to investigate those, as well as post what I am eating, what foods I find, and how my weight loss is going.

A little background: I have always been a mostly healthy eater with a bit of a sweet tooth. I KNOW what is healthy (or at least I thought I did) but eating out has been my weakness the past few years. I have always been a overweight despite eating pretty much healthy. Now lately I have been on a nutrition kick, listening to podcasts, reading some stuff, and I STILL am confused about a lot of things about nutrition! It's amazing how much there is to learn, and how much false info is still out there. I hope this Blog will be interesting, entertaining, and also help me to figure it all out!

So here I go on my mission as a food detective!

5 comments:

  1. I looked in my pantry and found cans of tomato paste and tomato puree with 2 and 3 grams of sugar in them! Why do I need sugar in a savory food? I'm checking every label for hidden sugars from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Look at the ingredients! Tomatoes might have nautral sugar. If there is no added sugar ingredient you might be okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell on this link. http://theorganicwhey.com/ I haven't tried it but looks like a maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks good Sharon! It's more expensive but looks great. I couldn't find the ingredients on the website but I would like to taste pure whey without any flavor and see if it is tolerable. I don't really like the vanilla.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://theorganicwhey.com/whey/whey-processing/ appears that it is only whey and from ORGANIC VALLEY milk products.

    One of the joys of blogging is the sharing of little gems many of us have found. Smarter not harder food combining!

    ReplyDelete