Friday, August 13, 2010

My day in food

Today was somewhat easy because I was able to prepare all of my meals myself.

Here was the end result:

I am happy if I get 100grams of carbs in a day. I know that calorie count.com thinks that anything under 120 does not support cell repair (not sure what that means exactly) but I am really going to try to go a little more low carb and especially refined carb since I am trying to lose weight as well.

Dinner was a bit experimental today! I tried making quinoa with mushrooms, kale, and nutritional yeast to give it a sort of cheesy flavor (nothing against cheese, but Red Star nutritional yeast has more fiber). It came out a little strong, but I would do it again just with a little less of it. All I did was mix it in towards the very end of cooking! There was also a lot of garlic and some butter involved. The chicken I made was simple pan seared with some garlic and paprika. It was a little bland so I had it with some of the fig spicy jam from Peck in Milano.

No comments:

Post a Comment