Sunday, May 20, 2012

Oh How Time Flies!

Hello All!

I know I have not blogged in forever, but I am newly inspired to start again. Part of the reason I stopped was because I just didn't feel like I had the time....

We all feel like this sometimes

  I also just felt like there were so many other awesome food blogs out there that I really didn't need my voice to be heard. But I updated my blog list to what I am keeping up with now, and I feel like maybe there IS room and demand for my blog too (even if it is mostly from my mom)

Mom!

Since I last updated, I have definitely undergone some changes to my diet and lifestyle, all of which have been really positive. Since December 1st (when I had a consultation with Nutritional Weight and Wellness) I have been completely gluten free. I didn't have any hugely dramatic changes like you sometimes hear about, but I definitely have more energy and feel better. I have a slight abnormality in my thyroid, so I think that it is also helping me with that internally. If you want to read more about being gluten free and the many many reasons to cut it out of your diet, I highly reccomend the book Wheat Bellies by Dr. William Davis, which I will hopefully post more about later.


As of recently, I am also almost totally dairy free with a few exceptions, and that is also really benefiting my over all health (and I suspect weight loss). Although I haven't lost too much weight in lbs, I have been working out and look a lot less puffy than I used to, probably due to all of the anti- inflammatory foods I eat and the inflammatory foods like gluten and dairy I avoid. In general I try to stick to a primal way of eating (as you can see from my updated blog roll) and try to stick as closely as I can to what humans are really supposed to be eating

I basically feel like I do have a lot to share with my take on nutrition and what I eat, and I want to impact anyone who reads this with positive advice as well as my take on nutrition and health news. Although there are SO many great resources out there for nutrition advice and commentary, there is also such a sad epidemic of overweight and sick people. Even if you suffer from something as simple as low energy or occasional stomach aches, there are nutritional changes you can make to help. There is obviously a greater need for more soundpieces to be putting out the right message. So hopefullly I can get my act together to share everything I read and do with you!


So more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Grace!!!! We need you!!!! There are too many network news nutrition sound bites out there that are all the same.

    ReplyDelete